Cancer Insurance Plan
This plan provides comprehensive protection against all stages of Cancer. If detected at an early stage, 20% of the cover paid upfront and all future premiums are waived. If detected at a major stage, full cover amount is paid with additional 10% as income for next 5 years. The plan offers cover till age 75 years.
- Comprehensive protection against all stages of Cancer
- Payout on diagnosis, regardless of the stage of Cancer
- Sum insured increase by 10% for 1st five claim-free years at no extra cost
- All future premiums waived off if cancer detected at an early stage
- Long term coverage
- Tax benefit
Early Stage Cancer or Carcinoma-in-Situ (CiS)
1. Lumpsum- 20% of Sum Insured (Increased Sum Assured in case the diagnosis happens after the first 12 months)
2. All the future premiums payable under the policy are waived and the policy continues.
Major Stage Cancer
1. 100% of Sum Insured (Increased Sum Assured in case the diagnosis happens after the first 12 months) less prior cumulative lump sum payments on the event(s) of Early Stage Cancer or Carcinoma in Situ (CiS).
2. 10% of Basic Sum Insured is payable for a period of up to 5 years.The Income Benefit will be paid as and when due irrespective of the expiry of the Policy Term or in case of death of Policyholder. In case of death of Policyholder during Income Benefit payout period, the benefit will be paid to the Nominee / Legal heir.
A Cancer insurance plan is meant to cover medical expenses related to cancer treatment and does not offer any death benefit.
However if the Life Insured dies within waiting period then 100% of the premium paid since the date of commencement or reinstatement of policy (as the case may be) excluding all applicable taxes, cesses and levies as imposed by the Government is payable.
Tax benefit on the premiums paid are exempt under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
|Age at Entry
(age as on last birthday)
|Minimum - 25 years
Maximum - 65 years